A few ramblings about knitting, mainly vintage stuff and other bits and bobs

Thursday, 2 June 2016

Swimming Along


I've had it in mind to knit a swimsuit. You know one of those fun things from the 30s or 40s so I'm going to arrange a KAL for anyone who was to join in.

I'm going to offer a couple of patterns from free here, or you can use one that you've had your eye on, and we'll spend the next couple of month making sweet swimsuits together.

At the moment I'm thinking of starting mid-June but haven't fixed a finishing date. I know that life sometimes gets in the way of knitting so it might be that there won't be a determined end date but that support and encouragement will be offered for as long as it takes us to get there.

I'll be running it through Facebook with other bits going on over here (probably) so click a like on my page there to stay up to date.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting. If we did it in a nice yarn it could be used for lingerie?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It could. Although most swimsuits were made with significant negative ease so it might be a bit snug for lingerie :)

      Delete